FAQs for Parents and School Directors/Board Presidents
“This was the first year our preschool used Fox & Wagon Photography for our formal pictures and I could not be happier! As the Director of the preschool, the admin end of things went extremely well and Stacy is a true professional. Additionally, the photos are stunning! She captured the kids’ personalities and provided multiple digital proofs for each child from silly to serious. She let them shine as they wanted to and captured the magic! We now have an official photographer and I can’t wait for the next round!”
– Michele Cardinaux, Nature Center Supervisor Tacoma Nature Center
WHAT IS FINE ART SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHY?
My goal is to provide a custom, unique experience to all families attending the schools who have chosen me to photograph their students. My service is personal and professional. Unlike large, corporate photography operations, I only take on a few, select schools each year so that I can provide superior customer service and artistic images.
I never force a smile and simply aim to capture the character of the children I photograph. No forced poses or faces, just the authentic child. The results are genuine portraits on a simple black background. I provide a light and fun experience for your children and take pride in providing an environment where the kids can relax and be themselves naturally.
WHAT SERVICES DO YOU OFFER?
- I am a completely online operation. Families are linked to password-protected online ordering galleries. Galleries are set up according to grade, homeroom, advisory, or whatever grouping that makes sense for the school. Each child will be provided 2-5 images, presented in both color and black and white. The family may choose the photos they want printed, as opposed to having a single pose chosen for them by the photographer. I also provide unique product choices such as canvas gallery wraps and digital images for future printing and archiving. A detailed PDF describing all ordering procedures and shooting day preparation will be provided to each school to be distributed to families prior to photo day.
- Prints are ordered online and delivered directly to the school.
- I provide all equipment and personnel needed for photo day. Nothing is needed from the school other than class organization at photo time.
- I provide the school with all high-resolution digital files to use for yearbooks, website, school advertising, school ID’s, or however the school wishes to use the images.
- I handle any questions from parents and families about ordering and products.
- I take staff photos and provide a complimentary print package for staff members as well.
- I am willing to work with schools to provide custom services that fit your unique needs.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF FINE ART SCHOOL PORTRAITS VS. TRADITIONAL SCHOOL PHOTOS?
- More personalized experience – I spend time with each child in order to ensure the most authentic expressions are captured
- Parents have control over the choice of which photos to order instead of hoping the photographer prints the best one of their child
- More choices of products to purchase, including digital files, prints, and canvas gallery wraps
HOW MANY STUDENTS CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE?
I currently provide this service to schools as small as 10 and as many as 300 children. I have worked with kids ages 1-18-years-old.
WHAT TYPE OF SCHOOLS DO YOU OFFER THIS SERVICE TO?
I am happy to photograph daycare children, preschools, co-ops, homeschoolers and small K through 12.
ARE THE IMAGES AFFORDABLE?
Yes, my rates are competitive with some of the major school photography companies in the area. There is no money due up front and no charge to the school itself. I offer a variety of packages and a-la-carte products to fit everyone’s needs. I also donate 10% of my gross to the schools that I photograph!
WHAT TIME OF YEAR DO YOU CONDUCT SCHOOL PHOTO SHOOTS?
I work with each individual school to schedule shoots any time during the academic year.
Are you a school ready to book? Contact me by clicking here. I am currently taking schools for the 2017-2018 school year.
Parents, click here for a pre-shoot guide. (One will also be e-mailed to you.)