FAQs for Parents and School Directors/Board Presidents
“We have had the pleasure of having Stacy take our kids’ pictures at their preschool for the past two years and we have been so tickled by the expressions she captures. It was impossible to choose just one or two from the many she offered us. We love them all!”
– Emily Seaman, parent
WHAT IS MODERN SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHY?
My goal is to provide a custom, unique experience to all families attending the schools who have chosen me to photograph their students. My service is personal and professional. Unlike large, corporate photography operations, I only take on a few, select schools each year so that I can provide superior customer service and artistic images.
I never force a smile and simply aim to capture the character of the children I photograph. No forced poses or faces, just the authentic child. The results are genuine portraits on a simple black background. I provide a light and fun experience for your children and take pride in providing an environment where the kids can relax and be themselves naturally.
WHAT SERVICES DO YOU OFFER?
- I am a completely online operation. Families are linked to password-protected online ordering galleries. Galleries are set up according to grade, homeroom, advisory, or whatever grouping that makes sense for the school. Each child will be provided 2-5 images, presented in both color and black and white. The family may choose the photos they want printed, as opposed to having a single pose chosen for them by the photographer. I also provide unique product choices such as canvas gallery wraps and digital images for future printing and archiving. A detailed PDF describing all ordering procedures and shooting day preparation will be provided to each school to be distributed to families prior to photo day.
- Prints are ordered online and delivered directly to the school.
- I provide all equipment and personnel needed for photo day. Nothing is needed from the school other than class organization at photo time.
- I provide the school with all high-resolution digital files to use for yearbooks, website, school advertising, school ID’s, or however the school wishes to use the images.
- I handle any questions from parents and families about ordering and products.
- I take staff photos and provide a complimentary print package for staff members as well.
- I am willing to work with schools to provide custom services that fit your unique needs.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MODERN SCHOOL PORTRAITS VS. TRADITIONAL SCHOOL PHOTOS?
- More personalized experience – I spend time with each child in order to ensure the most authentic expressions are captured
- Parents have control over the choice of which photos to order instead of hoping the photographer prints the best one of their child
- More choices of products to purchase, including digital files, prints, and canvas gallery wraps
HOW MANY STUDENTS CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE?
I currently provide this service to schools as small as 20 and as many as 500 children. I have worked with kids ages 1 to 18-years-old.
WHAT TYPE OF SCHOOLS DO YOU OFFER THIS SERVICE TO?
I am happy to photograph daycare children, preschools, co-ops, homeschoolers and small K through 12.
ARE THE IMAGES AFFORDABLE?
Yes, my rates are competitive with some of the major school photography companies in the area. There is no money due up front and no charge to the school itself. I offer a variety of packages and a-la-carte products to fit everyone’s needs. I also donate 10% of the sales back to the school!
WHAT TIME OF YEAR DO YOU CONDUCT SCHOOL PHOTO SHOOTS?
I work with each individual school to schedule shoots any time during the academic year. My books are open for the 2019-2020 school year. If you are a part of a homeschool or school that meets during the summer, I’d be happy to chat! Send me a message by clicking the link below.
“This was the first time that Stacy took pictures at our preschool, and we will definitely be asking her again! She was really great with the children. She had a very calm and gentle demeanor and kept the sessions low-key and comfortable for them. I loved how she just chatted with them, and captured photos of them in very natural positions and with natural expressions. The families were very pleased with the beautiful results. She also offered siblings to join in which was an added bonus.”
– Anne Jones, Teacher Old Town Cooperative Preschool